Avoiding Software Bundled with Adware
Adware is an unwanted program that displays advertisements on your computer, often in the form of pop-ups or banners. It can slow down your computer, track your online activity, and expose you to potential security risks. Unfortunately, many software programs are bundled with adware, which can be difficult to avoid.
In this article, we will provide tips on how to avoid software that is bundled with adware, as well as provide advice on how to protect your computer from unwanted software.
Tips for Avoiding Software Bundled with Adware
- Do Your Research: Before installing any software, research the program and read reviews from other users to see if they have reported any issues with adware.
- Download Software from Reputable Sources: Download software only from reputable sources, such as the official website of the software developer or the Microsoft Store.
- Customize Your Installation Options: When installing software, pay attention to the installation options and select the “Custom” or “Advanced” option. This will allow you to see what additional software is being installed and to uncheck any options for installing adware.
- Use Adware-Blocking Software: Consider using adware-blocking software, such as Malwarebytes Adware, to protect your computer from unwanted software.
Tips for Protecting Your Computer from Unwanted Software
- Keep Your Computer Up to Date: Regularly install software and security updates for your operating system and installed programs to help protect your computer from security vulnerabilities.
- Install a Reputable Antivirus Tool: Install a reputable antivirus tool, such as Avast Free Antivirus or AVG AntiVirus Free, to help protect your computer from malware and adware.
- Be Careful When Downloading Free Software: Be cautious when downloading free software, especially from unreliable sources or torrents, as these can often be bundled with adware.
- Avoid Clicking on Suspicious Links or Pop-Ups: Avoid clicking on suspicious links or pop-ups, as these can often lead to the installation of unwanted software.
Adware can be a major annoyance and a potential threat to your computer’s security. By avoiding software that is bundled with adware, as well as implementing the tips for protecting your computer from unwanted software, you can help keep your computer safe and free from unwanted programs.